Duties and Responsibilities of a Sales Manager
- This person must be dependable.
- Must possess integrity
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the product.
- Must be able to discipline themselves.
- Must be able to organize work.
- Must be sincere.
- Must accept responsibility.
- Must exert initiative.
- Must have an understanding of buyer motives.
- Must develop and use good judgment.
- Must care for health-mental, physical, financial.
- Must be courteous and polite.
- Must have determination.
- Must be friendly and like people.
- Must be resourceful.
- Must be persuasive.
- Must have a sincere appreciation of selling as a profession
- Be willing, able and excited to talk to every customer
- Be willing, able and excited to conduct daily one on one sessions with each salespeople.
- Understand that the primary role of a Sales Manager is to help salespeople sell more vehicles
- Possess an armory of communication skills in order to work effectively with every type of customer
- Know and use at least 20 different closing techniques
- Command the respect of the sales team so they will use the Sales Manager at every opportunity to help them in their job
- Be up to date and skilled in using the latest technology available:
- Deal Desking application
- E-mail applications
- Digital photograph and digital video applications
- On line auctions
- Have complete knowledge of the steps to a sale as taught by A World of Training
- Be able to train competently on any and all of the steps to a sale
- Actively participate in each Save a Deal meeting
- Actively participate in and conduct regular sales meetings
- Understand how to motivate each salesperson to be the best they can be
Here is a self-development questionnaire that we ask potential managers to take, being 100% with their answers. People who do not answer honestly are only kidding themselves:
- 1. Do I really want to be successful?
- 2. Am I ready and willing to exert the necessary effort?
- 3. Am I willing to sacrifice some of my time and pleasure?
- 4. Is my attitude right?
- 5. Do I have a clear picture of my objective?
- 6. During adverse conditions, do I double my efforts to succeed?
- 7. Am I respected by my subordinates, associates and superiors?
- 8. Can I discuss intelligently, without anger, differences of opinion and criticism?
- 9. How is my dress?
- 10. How are my manners?
- 11. How is my health?
- 12. Do I have any bad habits such as excessive smoking, drinking or gambling?
- 13. Do I appear friendly?
- 14. Am I courteous?
- 15. Could I improve my public speaking?
- 16. Do I become discouraged easily?
- 17. Do I have enthusiasm?